GIS Mapping & Data Managment
The modern world creates data at an unprecedented rate. From cellphones to household appliances, there has never been more data available for collection and analysis. Surveying is no different. But misuse is often the close cousin of ease of use - and we frequently find our clients overwhelmed by bad data, wrong data, and poorly managed data.
Whiteley Oliver has built an entire GIS mapping and data management department around managing, reviewing, validating, and archiving your data from creation to archival to ensure that we are collecting, processing, and delivering the right data for your needs. Our GIS mapping equipment collects and processes millions of data points per second and the resulting imagery can rival a photograph.
With 65 years of experience, we have developed systems, processes, and methods of managing data through the full data life cycle. This includes but is not limited to initial data collection, alignment sheet, permit-drawing creation, and final client data deliverable. The use of Blue Sky’s Orbital platform offers the client constant, transparent access to the project data, progress, and reporting. This process offers the client peace of mind knowing that there is consistent data quality and integrity throughout the project.
“A map is the greatest of all epic poems. Its lines and colors show the realization of great dreams.”
- Gilbert H. Grosvenor, Editor of National Geographic (1903- 1954)
Experienced and Accredited Professionals
Our GIS team is led by some of the most well-known thought-leaders in our industry. They have helped dozens of clients seamlessly aggregate and validate their historical and invoicing data into usable and functional interfaces. Our team consists of GIS professionals (GISP) credentialed from the GIS Certification Institute (GISCI), as well as a number of experienced data analysts.
- Legacy Data Configuration, Validation, and Migration
- PHMSA Mega Rule Compliance Solutions
- Custom GIS Solutions
- Standards Creation
- Prelim, Construction, and Record As-built Alignment Sheet Generation
- Permit Drawing Package Creation
- Well Platt package creation
- Blue Sky Seed File Creation
- Seamless Client Data Delivery for Immediate Data Load
- Blue Sky Orbital for Web-based Project Data Hosting and Reporting
Our Member Organizations
- GPS Field Data Collection
- Web and Mobil GIS:
- ArcGIS Online
- Field Maps
- Survey123 Digital Forms
- Asset Mapping
- Business Operational Assets
- County Parcel Mapping and Maintenance
- Real-Estate, Land & Urban Development Mapping
- ROW Mapping
- UAV/Remote Sensing:
- High-Resolution Aerial Imagery
- HD Video
- Thermal Infrared
- 3D Mapping: Stockpile Volumes, Tank Containment Areas, Topography, Hydrology/Drainage
- Advanced Spatial Analysis
- Environmental Mapping
- Consulting, Support, and Training
Have A Question?
Get in touch and we will find a way to help you with your project.
Whiteley Oliver has the expertise and experience to provide safe, accurate, and reliable results every time, on time, and on budget. We have been surveying for over 65 years and we understand what it takes to deliver accurate survey information to our clients.
Veteran-led and family-owned, Whiteley Oliver provides full spectrum surveying services for clients in a wide range of applications.
Oil & Gas Pipelines
Petrochemical & Refining
Whiteley Oliver provides civil engineering and land surveying services to the energy, petrochemical and real estate market. Whiteley Oliver is uniquely positioned to support the growth and development needs of our clients.
Professional Engineer Firm #: F-2633
Registered Professional Land Surveying Firm #: 10106700
Beaumont, Texas 77703